Friday, June 8, 2012

Becoming Successfully Homeless



Hi my name is Jay Tamez. Since I can remember I've had this desire to help people. From helping people get a job to chasing their dreams. The last couple of years I've been focused on helping the homeless. Studying the economy for years before the 2008 recession caused me to start preparing for the massive decline of middle class wealth here in the US. I payed of all debt, went to a strict cash purchasing and adopted a minimalist lifestyle. I did all of this in hopes of staying ahead of the crash and not being as affected by it. Now that our economy is in a depression (regardless of what President Obama, the Treasury, Federal Reserve or the Bureau of Labor & Statistics claim that we are not in a recession) millions of Americans have entered into poverty. The devastating effect has left people homeless. My studies have caused me to change my perspective about how to survive with minimal resources or money. I am ready to test these concepts by voluntarily becoming homeless. I am calling this journey "Becoming Successfully Homeless". I hope the things I learn on my journey help those who need it most. The date I move out of my apartment and fully embrace homelessness is July 1st, 2012. I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment